It's hard to believe that in less than 24 hours I will be leaving for three months... I just got back from a couple days down in Waco yesterday. I got to see almost everyone that I wanted to see (except for Rick, Josh, Lindsey, and Callie!), and fill out a permit for one of my classes to count for both my medical humanities major and biology minor! And now I'm TRYING to actually pack my stuff... so far all I have done is make some very nice piles on the guest bed, a checklist, and completely trash my room...
 |
| All the piles on the guest bed! |
And what's best about this is that I really haven't even thought about what clothes I really want/need to bring... I on my insanely detailed checklist I did slide into generalities here, with the ever ambiguous check off item of "shirts and t-shirts." It's hard to decide what I'll feel like wearing in September or October, especially when I'm currently living in a place where the temperature is around 100° and the high in Maastricht today is only 81°.
I realize that this semester is going to be a lot of hard work, but also a lot of fun. I'm making headway through my summer reading (my first since high school!) and enjoying it, even the hard to understand stuff!
I'm really excited for dinner tonight. My family is taking me out to a fun asian fusion/sushi place in Midtown Oklahoma City called
Pachinko Parlor... Mom and Dad have been and said it's really good and fun! And Megan and Eileen Wilson are joining us for dinner! Megan was going on the trip as my group's TA, but she got accepted to OU School of Medicine, so she just started classes!
1) you can't possibly remember everything, so give up now.
ReplyDelete2) one of my suitcases was all disposables like laundry detergent, shampoo, body wash, etc so that i could throw all that away and replace it with souvenirs on way home. don't take two full suitcases. you don't need it.
3) there's no point in bringing a ton of clothes because in the end, you will only be able to fit like 4 outfits in your backpack anyway. you'll find that the only thing you ever wear is: jeans, sneakers, shirt, northface. remember, you have to lug everything on your back a month. just look at our pics - we are rarely wearing anything but northfaces.