If there's one thing that I severely underestimated about this semester in Europe, it would be the pace of my days. Here's a breakdown of my schedule: I wake up at 7:00, for 7:30 breakfast downstairs in the dorm restaurant. Then we start class at 8am with Dr. Abell teaching Epidemiology, then Dr. Baker teaches Pathophysiology from 9:30-10:50. Then I get a break for an hour, go to lunch, then comes one of my most interesting classes: Clinical Decision Making. CDM is team taught by Drs. Baker and Abell, and we learn everything from how to take a History and Physical, to calculating actually the odds of you having a disease after having a positive test result (which is interesting bc most of our diagnostic tests aren't as accurate as you'd think!) CDM runs from 1:15-3:15, and then on Tuesdays and Thrusdays from 3:30-5:30, I take my class through the Center for European Studies here in Maastricht, and take Modernism and Beyond, which basically is a 20th Century British and European Literature Course. My professor is Dr. Karl Syndrom. Karl is actually German, and absolutely hilarious! The class I think will be good, provided I get all the readings done for it! After Modernism comes dinner, and then on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, after dinner we have History of Medicine with Dr. Baker. So I'm in class from 8 am until about 8:30pm (5:30 on Thursdays)!
Not that I'm complaining at all. The classes are really stimulating, and VERY applicable to medicine, and I'm learning a lot. This semester's schedule I feel like is 3 days of what my med school schedule will be: 24/7 going non-stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment